Tuesday 2 October 2007

Pre- ICIN Conference

Here, I have got the opportunity to attend the ICIN conference. I am thankful to Prof Noel, my advisor, in INT.

Theme of this conferrence is Emerging of Web and Telecom services: Collision or cooperation?
We are now on top of NGN/IMS. To conclude collision or cooperation, I am attending the this conference.

Main areas are going to be discussed on this conference as follows.
1) New service and application
2) Business models.
3) Service architectures.
4) Service enablers.
5) Network infrastructures and Device technology.

Since IMS doesn't care much for enterprises services, I need to active to check how industry address this problem or opportunities.

According to my knowledge, Service architecture should be very strong. Because it is going to be foundation partially for new services and application, service enablers, and business models.
I will update the day by day basis of the event. According to announced schedule, I am not allowed to attend the workshop (I am going to this conference as a student ).

On 8th October, There will be a workshop on four topics.

A) A look at the IP Multimedia Subsystem : What it is and Where it is moving?
For me I little clear what IMS is.But I am not sure where it is moving and what is position in communication landscape.

B) SOA for service network.
Since this topic will be discussed by BEA person, I hope he will try to explain the things with BEA products. :). In many documents of BEA, they try to name service layer as serivce network. SOA provide the support to reuse, delegation and compositions. So services or application will agile with business natures.

c) WEB2.0 and IMS environment:
In many times, I couldn't understand the what is WEB2.0? Is that Ajax,web services,wiki, blog, and social networks? I have seen that community based service are developed in the context of the IMS environment. whereelse WEB2.0 concepts are used in IMS environment.

d) Foundation of NGN security with case studies of IMS security and identity management.

I don't have much knowledge in this topic too. And I need to get some information about identity management an service federation. If I were there,I would attend this program.

I will write about the keynote and session day by day basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home